The Ministry of Home Affairs issued the Standard Operating System (SoP) for the movement of stranded labourers within the state/union territory, saying “There shall be no movement of labour outside the state/UT from where they are currently located.”
In order to facilitate their movement within the State/UT, the following guidelines may be followed:
- The migrant labourers currently residing in relief/ shelter camps in States/UTs should be registered with the concerned local Authority and their skill mapping be carried out to find out their suitability for various kinds of works.
- The asymptomatic labourers would be transported to their respective places of work if they wish to go to their places of work within the state.
- No movement of labour outside the state/UT from where they are currently located.
- Safe social distancing norms must be followed and the buses used for transport are sanitized as per the guidelines of the health authorities.
- The national directives for COVID-19 management issued under the consolidated revised guidelines dated 15th April 2020 shall be strictly followed.
- The local authorities would have to provide food and water etc. for the duration of their journey.